PRC’s Integrated Service Center Opens April 1st!
April 1st – with your help – PRC will open a new Integrated Service Center in San Francisco and furnish solutions for more than 5,000 people this year.
Woah! Where did this Service Center come from?
PRC worked hard to get here, merging AIDS Emergency Fund, Baker Places, and Positive Resource Center to change the landscape of services for people affected by mental health issues, substance use, or HIV/AIDS. Consolidating PRC’s service continuum into a SoMA community hub, we are taking the next step to apply lessons learned in the early HIV/AIDS crisis to the crises of poverty, health, and homelessness facing San Francisco today.
170 9th Street, between Mission Street & Howard
PRC’s clients and community deserve the best. Partnering with the brightest innovators in San Francisco design, PRC’s Integrated Service Center is creating a welcoming and inspiring space where everyone can dream big.
- 25,000 square feet across 3 floors
- Meeting clients where they’re at
- Delivering multi-faceted interventions to break cycles of poverty, ill-health, and homelessness among 5,000 people each year
- Integrating multiple programs and 80 staff from 4 service sites under one roof
- Controlling occupancy costs into the future
A Central Hub, Furnishing Solutions from April 1st
Inside the Integrated Service Center, people will directly access Workforce Development, Legal Advocacy, Housing Case Management, and Emergency Financial Assistance by crossing a hallway instead of the city. By immediately connecting an individual to a needed service, we are designing a better way for thousands of vulnerable people to get healthy, stay healthy, and contribute to the city we all know and love.
170 9th Street also expands upon PRC’s proven success:
- More than doubling PRC’s Computer Lab capacity, from 11 to 24 stations, in the Integrated Service Center PRC will move twice as many people forward and back to work.
- Launching PRC’s new Education & Training Center, the Service Center lays the literal groundwork to expand living wage career training tracks and invest clients with critical financial literacy and planning skills to maximize independence and success.
Outside the building’s walls, PRC will continue providing low-income and health challenged San Franciscans with critical bridges to betterment through 11 Residential Treatment Programs, Hummingbird Homeless Navigation Center, and PRC’s Supportive Housing.
What is Chair the Love?
Chair the Love is a fun way for you to get involved in PRC’s next chapter by making a gift that supports our purchase of furniture in our new hub. We make bold commitments to our clients and community. Now, with your generous support, PRC’s Integrated Service Center will open with modern, stylish, and practical furnishings to inspire the hope and confidence our clients need while getting back on their feet. The campaign runs through April 30th.
Sofa, so good? Shop the registry.
Visit our registry to sponsor an item or level. Whether on your own or with your circle of friends or workplace affinity group, your donation puts your values in action and makes a meaningful impact today.
Can’t make up your mind and simply want to make a donation? Your gift is gratefully accepted here.
Do I have to donate online?
No; donate by check or appreciated securities if you prefer.
- Send your check – payable to PRC – to PRC c/o Chair the Love, 170 9th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Email us to donate stocks and securities, and any other questions.
How will my Chair the Love gift be recognized?
- In addition to recognition in our digital and print publications, every Chair the Love donor will receive an invitation to PRC’s spectacular Opening Soiree in May.
- Donors who give $1,000 or more will also be invited to the Opening Soiree’s VIP Reception.
- Gifts going Tete a Tete, i.e. $2,500, or above will be highlighted in a light installation displayed throughout the Center’s inaugural year.
- All gifts at or above $10,000 – Welcome Matters – will be acknowledged on our ElevateSF Permanent Donor Wall Installation.
Is my gift to PRC tax deductible?
Yes. PRC is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and your gift is tax deductible to the full extent of law. A receipt will be provided after your gift for tax-related purposes.
Professional Services & Project Partners
PRC is honored to work with generous professional partners, manifesting our vision of a client-centered Integrated Service Center redesigning access to health, wellness, and full potential. Our project is possible thanks to the cost-consciousness, deep discounts, and generous professional in-kind support of our partners: Gensler, Revel Architecture, CRI, OfficeMorph, Touhy Furniture, CCI, WHM, Zendesk, and many more.
We’re moving forward.
From the solid foundation of PRC’s SoMa Integrated Service Center, we are aligning the health, housing, and income ladders to champion 25,000 individuals struggling with mental health, substance use, or HIV/AIDS over the next five years. Will you join us and make a gift today?