BP – Staff Nurse – Joe Healy Detoxification Project
POSITION TYPE: Staff Nurse, LVN or LPT, Full-time, Non-exempt, Union
SHIFT: Sunday: 7am-7:30pm, Monday: 7am-7:30pm, Thursday: 9am-11am, Saturday: 7am-7:30pm
POSITION OVERVIEW: Under the supervision of the RN Nurse Manager/Nurse Practitioner/Physician, the Staff Nurse (RN/LVN/LPT) provides professional nursing care in a substance abuse program serving primarily homeless adults who need public health-supported residential services to detoxify from substances of abuse. Our program provides 24-hour care, medically supported detoxification services, observation, assessment, treatment, and referral during a stay of 7-21 days.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor assigned clients
- Assist clinicians with therapeutic and diagnostic treatment and procedures
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed
- Prepare and assemble equipment and supplies
- Document client information
- Participate in client groups
- Teach client’s self-care and the importance of STD prevention and treatment
- Assess nutritional needs and ensure that diet is appropriate
- Assist clients with feeding
- Bathe clients
- Transfer clients within the facility
- Participate in staff meetings
- Participate in agency and site-specific training
- Coordinate community based medical services
- Maintain a safe and secure facility
- Other related duties as assigned
- Possess valid California Registered Nurse, Vocational Nurse or Psychiatric Technician License.
- Possess valid CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Experience with substance abuse detox preferred.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.