BP – Nurse Manager – Joe Healy Detoxification Project
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide professional nurse management and client care services in a 28 bed medical detox project serving primarily homeless adults who require public health-supported residential treatment. Our program provides 24-hour care, medically supported detoxification services, observation, assessment, treatment, and referral during a stay of 7-21 days.
REPORTS TO: Division Director Acute Services
POSITION TYPE: RN Nurse Manager, Full-Time, Exempt
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and manage nursing care delivery.
- Maintain quality assurance of nursing documentation and client records.
- Train and educate nursing staff.
- Provide clinical supervision to nurses.
- Provide clinical leadership in medical and psychiatric situations.
- Maintain nurse schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage and inventory stock medications and supplies.
- Update and maintain policies and procedures related to nursing care delivery.
- Provide direct client care as needed.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Valid CA RN license.
- 1 year of emergency or med-surge nursing experience required.
- Prefer working knowledge of medical detoxification for substance abuse.
- At least two years of related clinical experience required.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
- Must be able to physically respond to clients’ needs in the event of a crisis situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.