PRC – AIDS Emergency Fund Client Services Volunteer
HOW WE WORK/WHAT WE DO:
We assist our clients by paying for basic human needs, like housing, utilities, medical and other health related expenses. We believe that when a person’s basic needs are met, they will be more able to focus on their health and will have improved long-term health outcomes and a better quality of life over all.
This is not your standard volunteer opportunity. The chosen candidate will play an integral role working alongside staff serving our clients on a daily basis. If you are interested in HIV/AIDS advocacy or Public health, this opportunity will provide invaluable hands on Client Service experience.
Conducting client intake with clients – Answering phones – Data Entry – Filing – Follow-up with clients in our Housing Stabilization program, other general duties as required.
- Passionate about helping people in need
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Good listener
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Computer literate (able to perform data entry on a simple-to-navigate system)
- Familiarity with SF’s other AIDS service organizations (ASO’s) and their functions/programs preferred
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish preferred but not necessary
- 1-2 hours written material
- AEF overview orientation
- Training with Client Services manager (approx. 15 hours)
- Training takes two to three weeks before the volunteers starts working with clients
- Successful completion of the Department of Public Health Annual Privacy & Data Security and Compliance trainings
COMMITMENT AND WEEKLY SCHEDULE:
- Minimum 6 months commitment.
- Schedule of volunteer service depends on current shift availability and candidates availability
- Shift hours: 10:00am – 12:30pm and/or 1:30pm – 4:00pm (minimum one shift per week)
We greatly value the contributions our and volunteers make towards helping AEF fulfill its mission and hope that you will also find significant satisfaction through your time with us.
To apply, e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the body of your email, please include:
A brief e-mail cover letter (no more than 1 printed page) that tells us
- Tell us about yourself;
- Why are you interested in this volunteer opportunity;
- Skills and experience that make you a good fit and
- Number of total hours and schedule you are available.
- A brief resume of your previous work and volunteer experience
- Please be sure to include any community events or fundraisers and your role.
AIDS Emergency Fund is a key program within PRC. PRC (formerly Positive Resource Center) has been transforming the Bay Area for decades, helping those affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues realize their best selves by providing the support and services they need to reclaim their lives.