BP – Medical Director
Provides clinical leadership, coordination and supervision to multidisciplinary teams and programs. Scope of responsibility extends to mental health, substance use disorder, HIV-AID residential and outpatient service delivery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct documented history and physical exams of newly admitted clients within 7 days of admission and review medical clearance provided by offsite practitioners.
- Write physician orders for client. Acts as bridge clinician, particularly for client medications as clients are connected to community medical/psychiatric providers by residential program staff. Physician does not follow clients beyond their residential treatment episode. Order diagnostic testing as indicated utilizing community resources.
- Direct residential program staff regarding medical care of individual clients as needed.
- Be available for consultation with residential program managers and staff.
- Conduct periodic random chart reviews in collaboration with agency Quality Improvement Department to ensure documented evidence of adherence to physician orders.
- Participate in discharge planning where warranted to insure follow-up on medical or healthcare needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a current license to practice internal or family medicine in the State of California. Board certification is desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience serving diverse populations with substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, mental health related issues and homeless cofactors is highly desirable.
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to physically respond to clients’ needs in the event of a crisis situation.
- Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.