PRC – Computer Training Associate
The Computer Training Associate provides a full spectrum of computer training classes as well as other assigned duties to people with HIV/AIDS or with Mental Health Disabilities for the Employment Services Program.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Computer Training: Oversees all operations of agency’s computer lab, including computer training courses, self-paced tutorials and open lab time for clients. Teaches classes covering introduction to the PC, Microsoft Office Suite applications, and use of the internet.
- Curriculum Development: Develops and/or revises curriculum for computer training.
- Client Services: Provides student outreach, assessment, class placement, support and evaluation.
- Program Coordination: Develops and maintains training calendar and registration system.
- Workshop/Group Facilitation: Co-facilitates workshops and seminars as needed.
- Client Intake and Assessment: Conducts intake and assessment of client needs, interests and abilities related to considering or pursuing employment goals.
- Service Planning: Develops written Individual Service Plans delineating steps necessary to consider and/or pursue client job goals. Maintains awareness of relevant resources and services so as to provide information and referral for clients.
- Service Coordination: Provides follow-up to assist clients in implementing and revising Individual Service Plans with advocacy and direct intervention as needed. Liaisons with Department of Rehabilitation counselors and other providers as needed to ensure service provision.
- File Management/Contractual Reporting: Maintains confidential client records. Tracks individual and group units of service provision. Provides statistical reports to management and funders as needed.
- A minimum of at least two-years of experience teaching or training students in computer applications, managing computer-based instruction and curriculum development.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as ability to engage clients during training classes.
- Ability to be sensitive to and work well with low-income individuals, people with HIV/AIDS, people of color, people with psychiatric disabilities, active drug users, people with a history of homelessness or incarceration, sexual minorities and gender minorities.
- Bilingual and bicultural (Spanish/English) highly desirable.
- Commensurate with experience.
- 5% employer contribution to 403 (b) plan.
- 403 (b) Retirement Account (Ability to defer taxes and save for retirement through regular payroll deductions).
- Health insurance.
- Short/Long-term disability and life insurance, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- 12 days paid vacation in first year, 15 days paid vacation in second year, 20 days paid vacation in third year and thereafter.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with job code “PRCCTA0617” in the subject line to: Positive Resource Center, Attn: Joe Ramirez-Forcier, 170 9th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103; fax: 415-777-1770 or email HumanResources@prcsf.org.
People living with HIV/AIDS or other disabilities, people of color and people who are bilingual/bicultural are strongly encouraged to apply.