Human Resources Manager – BP
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Managing Director
SALARY RANGE: $100,000
The Human Resources Manager is a hands-on, people-focused manager with direct responsibility to oversee all HR day-to-day functions working alongside two HR Generalists, responsible for ensuring timely and accurate administration in the following functional areas: benefits and LOA administration, healthcare compliance, HRIS administration (ADP), Recruiting, Safety (OSHA/workforce training/workers compensation), on-boarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, employee and labor relations, and compliance, as well as special projects and other duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage HR Operations
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations
- Ensure efficient and accurate functioning of all HR technology and systems
- Establish performance standards for HR Staff and evaluate service delivery
- Ensure administration of benefits, retirement, cobra, life and other plans are consistent, accurate and legally compliant
- Develop and communicate HR workflows by documenting and revising standard operating procedures.
Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Train Hiring Managers on process, systems and best practices related to recruitment
- Analyze selection process and drive improvements in collaboration with hiring managers
- Develop communication tools to support employer branding
- Engage Hiring Managers and incumbents to leverage networks and attract new talent
- Support retention efforts by promoting employee engagement.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Compile information on findings from investigations
- Resolve personnel problems or grievances
- Review and assist with implementing disciplinary actions
- Provide trainings for managers regarding employee and labor relations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent work history
- 4-6 years of strong/progressive HR generalist experience
- Experience working in social services or healthcare settings strongly desired
- Experience supervising HR employees in a hands-on, collaborative environment
- Effective relationship management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in benefits and leave administration, recruitment, employee and labor relations, safety and employee engagement
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws
- 4 years of experience with HRIS (ADP preferred), including reporting and analyzing data
- Experience working in a Union environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to model appropriate confidentiality and personal boundaries in all dealings
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Baker Places, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.