BP – Residential Counselor – Substance Use Disorder Programs
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Union, All Shifts
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Program Director or the Assistant Director, Residential Counselors provide support and assistance to clients in a co-ed adult transitional residential treatment program for up to a 60-90 day stay.
- Counselors advocate for and respond to clients’ treatment and rehabilitation needs.
- Counselors promote the philosophy of social rehabilitation as it applies to residential treatment; perform intake interviews; provide group and individual counseling; treatment plan development and implementation; coordinate discharge planning; and assist clients with developing and maintaining wrap around services.
- Residential Counselors also provide case management services such as: advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, clothing, affordable housing, health care, and legal services.
- Residential Counselors are required to maintain clinical records and to perform minor household repairs and cleaning tasks.
- Specific functions are outlined in the job description.
- Certified/Registered as an SUD Counselor with CCAPP or CADTP.
- One year of full-time experience, or its part-time equivalent (a combined total of 2,080 hours) working in a program serving persons with substance abuse issues. Such experience must be in providing direct services to clients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Attend mandatory weekly staff meeting on Thursday’s 9am-11am. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF UNABLE TO ATTEND MANDATORY STAFF MEETING!
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.