BP – On-Call Relief Residential Counselor
The Relief Counselor provides 24-hour support and counseling services to an adult population having psychiatric, substance abuse and/or HIV-AIDS related disabilities. Relief counselors advocate for and respond to clients’ treatment and rehabilitation needs. All agency services are provided from the philosophy of social rehabilitation, which integrates teaching daily living skills in a safe and healthy environment.
$15.99 per hour ($15.28 p/h + $.71 p/h which is the cash equivalent of the SF MCO requirement of 12 paid days off per year)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain shift coverage and primary supervision and support of residential clients.
- Assess and evaluate clients for potential crisis situations and determine appropriate intervention and management.
- Act as a role model – guiding clients and facilitating appropriate behavior about daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
- Facilitate and supervise clients with residential house chores, meal preparation, and group activities.
- Record clinical notes and hourly rounds to meet Medi-Cal standards and licensure requirements.
- Participate in staff and shift change meetings.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
- Must be able to carry a regular size grocery bag from the car into the house.
- Responsible to physically respond to client needs in the event of a crisis situation.
- Some work experience with adults who have mental health or substance abuse problems.
- The following Baker Places, Inc. treatment programs require a DOJ clearance: Jo Ruffin Place, Grove Street, Odyssey House, Robertson Place, and Baker Street House.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-581-0797. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.