BP – On-Call LVN/LPT (Per Diem)
The LVN/LPT (per diem) provides professional nursing care in a substance abuse program serving primarily homeless adults who need public health-supported residential services to detoxify from substances of abuse. Our program provides 24-hour care, medically supported detoxification services, observation, assessment, treatment, and referral during a stay of 7-21 days.
$33.47 per hour ($31.99 p/h + $1.48 which is the cash equivalent of the SF MCO requirement of 12 paid days off per year)
- Monitor assigned clients
- Assist clinicians with therapeutic and diagnostic treatment and procedures
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed
- Prepare and assemble equipment and supplies
- Document client information
- Participate in client groups
- Teach client’s self-care and the importance of STD prevention and treatment
- Assess nutritional needs and ensure that diet is appropriate
- Assist clients with feeding
- Bathe clients
- Transfer clients within the facility
- Participate in staff meetings
- Participate in agency and site-specific training
- Coordinate community based medical services
- Maintain a safe and secure facility
- Other related duties as assigned
- Possess valid Vocational Nurse or Psychiatric Technician License.
- Possess valid CPR certificate.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Experience with substance abuse detox preferred.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.