BP – Benefits and Safety Coordinator
Benefits & Safety Coordinator
Director of Human Resources
TYPE OF POSITION
$22.00p/h – $28.00p/h (DOE)
Interprets and explains all employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, COBRA, 403b Retirement Plan, State Disability/Unemployment Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Leaves of Absence, Bereavement, EAP and Flexible Spending Accounts. Prepares and reconciles monthly invoices for all employee benefit plans. Responsible for all employee benefits enrollment, updates, communication and compliance. Coordinates all Leaves of Absences and Worker’s Compensation benefits reporting/training/compliance. Functions as Safety Coordinator and oversees the Illness and Injury Prevention Program. As a member of the human resources team will perform other generalist responsibilities to include staffing, recruiting, training, employee/labor relations, compensation, record keeping, policy & procedure administration, and special projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interprets and explains benefit policies, procedures and plan information to staff and management.
- Facilitates employee benefit orientations and open enrollments events.
- Must timely and accurately enroll, change, and terminate employee benefits.
- Prepares and reconciles invoices for benefit plans.
- Manages and records all Leaves of Absences’, and ensures timely correspondence with employees and management staff regarding benefit options and impact.
- Compile, completes and reports all Worker’s Compensation claims, vehicle accidents, and employee accidents.
- Maintain OSHA logs.
- Ensure agency in compliance with CCSF licensing, State and Federal – ordinances, and labor law-posting requirements.
- Process employee changes (qualifying life events and personal information).
- Resolve benefit issues through liaison with carriers and other internal/external contacts.
- Respond to benefit inquiries, disability claims and/or unemployment claims.
- Run regular reporting and tracking process to ensure compliance with HCSO (San Francisco City Option), and ACA.
- Conduct and coordinate facility safety inspections.
- Maintains all employee benefit files, plan materials, and brochures.
- Facilitate and document safety and other statutory required trainings.
- Administers and compiles comprehensive agency Illness & Injury Prevention Plan.
- Perform other Human Resources generalist duties to include staffing, recruiting, employee relations, labor relations, record keeping, policy and procedure administration, training and other related projects as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 yrs experience as principle Benefits Administrator for organization with at least 200 employees handling group medical/dental/life/LTD; 403-B, COBRA, EAP, Workers Compensation and Unemployment Insurance.
- Must have minimum of 3 yrs hands on experience with any HRIS.
- Must have minimum of 3 yrs experience administering Workers Compensation benefits.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA 200 log, and minimum of 2 yrs experience conducting site safety inspections.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving skills and use professional judgment while disseminating confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-581-0797. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.