BP – Assistant Program Director – San Jose Place
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Assistant Program Director supervises staff and manages the flow of clients into and out of an adult 24/7 residential treatment program. Our client population consists of adults with mental health, substance abuse and HIV/AIDS related issues who are in need of residential treatment.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
SALARY RANGE: $5OK
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Exempt
POSITION OVERVIEW: Our psychosocial rehabilitation model relies heavily on social milieu treatment which supports clients through client participation and client directed treatment planning. The program is designed to use harm reduction strategies and the practical realities of group living to foster client strengths, self-esteem and sense of responsibility. Program services and activities include client assessment, treatment plan development, individual and group counseling, daily living skills training, case management services, rehabilitation, crisis intervention, and medication stabilization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality clinical and rehabilitative services to previously homeless clients with substance abuse, psychiatric diagnosis, and HIV/AIDS-related issues.
- Must be able to perform duties and train staff in all aspects of Residential /Relief Counselor positions.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with client referral sources and other related mental health, substance abuse, and community service programs.
- Review for accuracy all client records and charts to ensure compliance with agency, Medi-Cal standards, and licensure requirements.
- Set-up and coordinate staff work schedules.
- Coordinate the collection of client census data and reports as required.
- Responsible for overall management of residential household, maintaining a clean, pleasant environment that is in compliance with licensure standards.
- Assist clients with self-administered prescribed medications.
- Assists in the maintenance of accurate client fee records and collection.
- Must be able to accommodate on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
- Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
- Must be able to carry a regular size grocery bag from the car into the house.
- Must have Four Year degree in social science OR four years full time equivalent (8, 320 hours) documented work experience in a residential treatment setting serving a like or similar population may be substituted for the academic degree.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience working with adult population with mental health/substance abuse/HIV-AIDS related issues.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years work experience specific to client population served at our program.
- Must have one (1) year work experience in a leadership role, providing supervision, and training to staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, clients, and other providers both orally and in writing.
- Must have strong clinical assessment skills, attention to detail, and solid administrative follow-through.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off.
Supervision hours toward licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences available for ASW/MFTi.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.