BP – Assistant Program Director – Hummingbird Place
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Assistant Program Director, under the supervision of the Project Director, is responsible for the management of clinical and rehabilitation services, staffing, facilities, and fiscal operations of Hummingbird Place Psychiatric Respite Program, an up to 14-day length of stay, navigation style residential program for adults with a day time drop-in component. The Assistant Program Director manages the flow of clients into and out of the program and advocates for and responds to the clients’ treatment and rehabilitation needs.
REPORTS TO: Project Director
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday 7:00am-3:00pm; Tuesday-Saturday 12noon-8:00pm
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times daily.
- Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Responsible to physically respond to client needs in the event of a crisis.
- High School Diploma and 8 years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
- Associate degree and 6 years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
- Bachelor degree and 4 years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable mental health program law and regulations.
- Maintain valid CPR and First Aid Certification and annual TB clearance
- Participate in online training in and pass the Adult Needs & Strengths Assessment certification training annually.
- Ability to schedule, define and direct the work of others.
- Ability to participate as assigned to recruit, train, and evaluate residential counselor staff.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Social Rehabilitation principles in interactions with clients, client family/friends/significant others, staff and community partners as defined by CASRA.
- Must demonstrate cultural competency while working with diverse population on the issues of mental health, substance abuse and HIV-AIDS in a social rehabilitation treatment model.
- Requires experience-compiling data, creating and distributing reports, and responding to governmental/agency requests for information in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, client, family/significant others and community providers both verbally and in writing.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, employee assistance program, generous paid time We offer two benefit packages allowing the employee to tailor the benefits to their current need.
We offer clinical supervised hours to ACSWs or AMFTs that will assist you in obtaining much-needed clinical hours towards Licensure.
If interested in this employment opportunity please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 415-864-4089. If sending your resume/cover letter via e-mail, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.